Importing Details for shipping from LA - Fremantle
Standard importing of a vehicle like a Mustang or Camaro would include the following:
- Overseas documentation
- Container Packing & Unpacking
- Overseas port charges
- Container loading & Unloading
- Australian Port charges
- Vehicle Import Approval Customs Clearance
- Initial quarantine inspection
- Quarantine Inspection of the vehicle may result in the vehicle having to be steam cleaned/vacuumed, this is beyond our control and additional costs would be incurred.
Not included in this price is marine insurance, duties, taxes or GST.
|Rate of GST = 10% payable on all costs including purchase of the vehicle.|
|Rate of Duty = Free - Vehicles over 30 years|
|10% - Vehicles under 30 years|
If your vehicle has air-conditioning it is cheaper and easier for you to have the following done before it arrives at the holding yard.
- R 12 System must have the gas and the receiver dryer removed.
- R 134 System must have just the gas removed.
If the car is larger than a medium car, roughly 200 inches long or 51 inches high, there is an additional charge to import, as only three cars are able to fit into the container instead of the usual four.
We recommend Wayne Parry Insurance Brokers for your marine insurance requirements for 2% of the total purchase price of the vehicle. Total purchase price includes the shipping and any transport costs.
We can also take care of all your transport needs across America. Please call to arrange a very competitive quote.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Talk to us
Give us a call, or drop us an email and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.